Protests continue in Sudan despite attempts by the coup authorities to open roads

Protests continue in Sudan despite attempts by the coup authorities to open roads
Protests continue in Sudan despite attempts by the coup authorities to open roads

For the fourth day in a row, the Sudanese continue their anti-coup civil disobedience, which was carried out by the army chief, Lieutenant-General Abdel Fattah Al-Burhan, and the commander of the Rapid Support Forces, Lieutenant-General Mohamed Hamdan Dagalo.

The revolutionaries, along the roads in the Sudanese capital, Khartoum, insist on closing them, in light of repeated attempts by the coup authorities to open them, even if using live bullets, especially in the morning hours, to give an image to the citizens and the world that life has returned to normal, and this is what it did today, Thursday, by removing a number of them. There were roadblocks and barricades, especially in Airport Street, Obaid Khatam Street, Sitteen Street in Khartoum, Omdurman, and Khartoum North, but a large number of neighborhoods were impeded, such as al-Kalakla, al-Shajarah, Shambat, al-Abbasiya, and Berri.

The night demonstrations continued, yesterday evening, Wednesday, in most of the capital’s neighborhoods, while the crowd continues for the October 30 procession next Saturday, which is one of the central processions on which union bodies and resistance committees rely to resolve the battle with the military.

The continued closure of shops in Khartoum in commitment to civil disobedience in refusal of the military coup (AFP)

Several resistance committees in the neighborhoods issued statements, today, Thursday, declaring their intention to continue the escalation until November 17, which is the date set according to the constitutional document for civilians to take over the presidency of the Sovereignty Council, noting that Al-Burhan “chosen of his own free will to be the military man.” The traitor, even after this revolution gave him an opportunity to prove the honor of the military uniform, which, inevitably and unavoidably, will one day belong to those who deserve it.

And she stressed that she would not allow any military or political party, internal or external, to steal “the souls that left us, the blood we bled, the days we fought wars, the nights we stayed up anxious, the chants we shouted out loud, the barricades we built in defense, and all the positions we built in history.”

And it indicated that the revolutionary escalation schedules will include night processions, correspondences, and continuous barricades, in addition to comprehensive civil disobedience until the overthrow of the coup regime.

Unions condemn ‘intimidation’ in Sudan

In a related context, 20 unions signed a joint statement published today, Thursday, which was seen by Al-Araby Al-Jadeed, denouncing the intimidation that is taking place in the street, and “which the military believes will keep them in power and steal the dreams of the people.” The statement added that “the exit of the majestic and great people after the announcement made by the putschists was inspiring and its effect became clear, and that the disobedience and general strike announced today was successful in proportions exceeding the expectations of the executioner and his entourage.”

Syndicate bodies pledged to continue to unite with the street in Tetris and night demonstrations inside neighborhoods, to continue civil disobedience and general strike, and to prepare for the “Apostasy is Impossible” procession on the thirtieth of October.

At least 7 dead since the start of the coup in Sudan

In addition, the Directorate of Forensic Medicine in Sudan announced that at least seven protesters have been killed since the military coup. Sudanese Forensic Medicine Director Hisham Faqiri told AFP today, Thursday: “On Monday in Khartoum, seven corpses of protesters and one of a soldier from the Rapid Support Forces entered the morgues. In the following days, a number of bodies arrived due to the violence, and they appeared. It bears the marks of being hit with sharp objects.”

The Central Committee of Doctors of Sudan, which led the protests against ousted President Omar al-Bashir, had previously announced the killing of four “rebels” by gunfire from the forces of the military coup d’état on Monday during protests.

Warning from the US Embassy in Khartoum

The US Embassy in Sudan said, on Wednesday, in a “security alert” on its Facebook page, that it had received reports of sporadic protests in and around Khartoum, and no new reports of violence. She added that the protesters set up roadblocks, while the army set up checkpoints, which led to a severe restriction of movement in some areas.

And it added that demonstrators were arrested, and it did not receive new reports of injuries or violent confrontations, after it received a report that 12 people were killed and 100 wounded on Monday-Tuesday night, in a confrontation between protesters and military forces.

With regard to American nationals, the embassy said that it had not yet received any reports of arrests, injuries or deaths of American citizens. She advised her nationals to be careful and not to leave their places as much as possible, and not to go to Khartoum International Airport, unless there is a confirmation of a booked flight. And she stated that work had not resumed at the airport, until the time of the publication of the “security alert”, despite the authorities’ announcement of reopening the airport, on Wednesday evening.

The embassy urged American nationals not to go to its headquarters, in light of the suspension of all services that are provided in person, warning of a possible disruption in telephone communications, confirming the resumption of Internet services in Khartoum.

Foreign pressure to restore Sudan to what it was before the coup

Politically, private sources told Al-Araby Al-Jadeed that a number of foreign ambassadors informed Prime Minister Abdullah Hamdok, whom they met at his home, yesterday evening, Wednesday, that they are pressing hard to restore the political and constitutional scene in Sudan to what it was before October 25. Present. She stated that Hamdok, on the other hand, informed them that he did not require the removal of the coup leader, Abdel Fattah Al-Burhan, from the scene completely, after his betrayal of the revolution and his violation of the constitutional document.

Yesterday, Wednesday, the African Union decided to freeze Sudan’s membership after the coup, in accordance with the union’s charters and regulations that do not recognize any military coup.

Kamel El-Tayeb Idris apologizes for assuming the position of Prime Minister in Sudan

On the other hand, other sources reported that Kamel El-Tayeb Idris, the former Secretary-General of the World Intellectual Property Organization, had apologized for assuming the position of Prime Minister in Sudan, after the refusal he faced from the street, and opening files for his expulsion from the organization years ago due to the suspicion of forgery in his date of birth. The military is currently searching for a figure with a global dimension who can break the isolation they fell into after carrying out their coup.

Today, Thursday, the leader of the coup, Lieutenant-General Abdel Fattah Al-Burhan, appointed Ambassador Ali Al-Sadiq as Undersecretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to succeed Ambassador Mohamed Sharif, and appointed Engineer Fakhri El-Din Othman as Director of the Civil Aviation Authority, succeeding Ibrahim Adlan.

Hamdok’s office: The statement issued in the name of Graham Abdel Qader expresses the power of the coup

The office of the official spokesman for the Sudanese Prime Minister, Abdullah Hamdok, announced that the statement issued in the name of Graham Abdel Qader expresses the authority of the coup, and does not represent the Ministry of Culture and Information, nor the vision of the Council of Ministers of the transitional period.
This came in a statement published by the Office of the Prime Minister’s Spokesperson on the Facebook page of the Ministry of Culture and Information, a page that is still under the control of ministry employees who refuse to recognize the coup.

The ministry’s page confirmed that, since the dawn of the coup on October 25, it has been in constant contact with the office of the Prime Minister, ministries and diplomatic missions in various countries of the world.
Yesterday, Wednesday, the leader of the military coup, Lieutenant General Abdel Fattah Al-Burhan, issued a decision appointing Graham Abdel Qader as Undersecretary of the Ministry of Culture and Information, who also issued a statement denying the ministry’s connection to the data and news published on the ministry’s page.
The official spokesman’s office pointed out that the coup employees have no authority or connection with any of the institutions under the authority of Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok.
And last Monday, in the first hours of Al-Burhan’s coup, a force of the Sudanese army arrested the Minister of Culture and Information, the official spokesman for the government, Hamza Balloul, and took him to an unknown location, among a group of ministers.

Mystery surrounds the fate of political detainees in Sudan

In addition, the fate of the political detainees is still ambiguous, and the coup authorities have prevented their families from visiting them. The family of the political advisor to the Prime Minister, Yasser Arman, said in a statement that it was deeply concerned about the fate of him and his brother, who was arrested with him without having any connection to any political organization, noting that when the official authorities in the security and army inquired, they denied making the arrest. The family held the army command fully responsible, and called on local and international human rights organizations to urgently intervene in order to release Arman and his brother immediately and unconditionally.

On Monday, the Sudanese army carried out a military coup, after arresting a number of officials, placing Prime Minister Abdullah Hamdok under house arrest, and then arresting him after that, before allowing him and his wife to return home.

Hours after the coup, the army chief, Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, announced the dissolution of the Sovereignty Council and the government and the imposition of a state of emergency. His decisions also included the dissolution of all trade union entities and professional federations. The international community denounced the army’s seizure of power.

For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News

PREV European Union: The Sudanese army must return to dialogue with civilians
NEXT Pakistan warns that Afghanistan is on the verge of economic collapse – Al-Manar TV website – Lebanon