Aden – Reuters
Infections and deaths from the Corona virus rose again in Yemen on Friday after a relative decline since the beginning of the week, with the third wave of the pandemic continuing in the country.
The National Emergency Committee to confront Corona of the internationally recognized Yemeni government said that 44 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 and eight deaths were recorded today, compared to 28 injuries and six deaths on Thursday.
Today’s deaths were distributed by two cases in each of Hadhramaut governorate, the main focus of the outbreak in the east of the country, Aden and Marib, and one case in each of Taiz and Al-Mahra.
The committee stated in a statement that the total confirmed infections in the regions affiliated with the internationally recognized government in the south and east of the country rose to 9,111, of whom 5,651 have recovered, and there are still 1,731 active cases.
The death toll has also risen to 1,729 so far.
It is believed that the real number of injuries is much higher than the officially announced in light of the restrictions imposed by the war on conducting Covid-19 examinations and reporting cases of the disease, and most of the injured do not go to hospitals due to poverty and lack of confidence in the health sector in the country that the United Nations says is suffering Already one of the worst humanitarian crisis in the world.
Aden – Reuters