Most Germans support Laschet’s resignation, and Schulz is optimistic about the traffic light

Most Germans support Laschet’s resignation, and Schulz is optimistic about the traffic light
Most Germans support Laschet’s resignation, and Schulz is optimistic about the traffic light

To read the article on Kampla via the DW website, click here

An opinion poll revealed that most Germans support the resignation of the head of the Christian party, Armin Laschet, from his post after losing the election. And his rival, Socialist Olaf Scholz, expressed optimism about forming a “traffic light” coalition, ahead of talks to form a government.
The majority of Germans supported the resignation of the head of the Christian Democratic Party, Armin Laschet, from his post, after the worst result in the party’s history in the general elections, as revealed by the “Deutschland Trend” (Trend in Germany) poll presented by German TV Channel One (ARD), today, Friday (Friday). October 1, 2021).
About two-thirds of the respondents believed that Laschet should resign from his position as party leader. And the percentage of those who adopt this point of view among supporters of the Christian Alliance reached 60%. While about a quarter of the participants supported Laschet remaining in his position, this percentage among supporters of the Christian Union reached 36%.

The poll showed that more than half of the respondents said that they see the formation of a new ruling coalition in the country that includes the Social Democratic Party, the Green Party and the Free Democratic Party, which is known as the “traffic light” coalition, as a new political beginning. While 18% supported the formation of a new ruling coalition that includes Chancellor Angela Merkel’s Christian alliance, the Greens and the liberals, which is known as the “Jamaica coalition”. But 24% of the participants said that they do not see any new political start in either of the coalitions.

The results of the poll showed that 50% of those eligible to vote see the Socialist Party’s candidate for chancellor Olaf Scholz as a good adviser, compared to 30% who oppose him assuming this position, while 20% said they would like to make an assessment of him first.

 
For Latest Updates Follow us on Google News
 

PREV North and South Korea restart their hotline
NEXT Blinken: The European Union is the first partner in facing global challenges