The Philippines announced the issuance of new decisions related to the ban on travelers.
In this context, Harry Roque, a spokesman for the Philippine presidency, said today, Saturday, that President Rodrigo Duterte will, on Monday, lift the ban on travelers from ten countries, including the United Arab Emirates, the Sultanate of Oman, India and Indonesia.
It is noteworthy that the ban was imposed in April, and then expanded to other countries in July, to prevent the spread of the highly contagious “Delta” strain, according to what “Reuters” reported.
For his part, Rock said in a statement that travelers from the UAE, Oman, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia will have to stay 14 days in quarantine upon arrival.
Earlier, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte announced the imposition of strict restrictions on the capital region, which includes 16 cities with a population of more than 13 million people, until the end of July to prevent the spread of “Delta” infections locally.
It is noteworthy that the Philippines – previously – banned entry to travelers from eight countries, including Indonesia and India.