The all-new 2022 Lexus LX600 was officially launched in Saudi Arabia, with an advanced design, a completely revamped cabin and a new, smaller but more efficient and powerful engine.
Lexus LX 600 Specifications
The Lexus LX600 came with radical changes both externally and internally. From the outside, the car became more aggressive and muscular, while from the inside it was dominated by “Falcon Race” touches, as the manufacturer knew.
The car has a more powerful and luxurious exterior design, with a horizontal grille of seven floating bars recessed in the middle for improved engine cooling, and larger air intakes.
The front end has slimmer headlights, 3D daytime running lights, and no fog lights in the front bumper.
From the side, you find the streamlined body and the curved and relatively small wheel edges, below which are 18, 20 or 22 inch rims, and in the back the traditional Lexus logo has been replaced with “Lexus” letters, as we saw in the NX 2022, and it also comes with connected taillights, and an all-new bumper that gives it a luxurious look. .
Lexus LX 600 inside
Inside, the Lexus LX600 is a masterpiece, and the cabin design is more modern, with premium leather, wood and metallic accents, and falcon feathers inspired accents.
As for the audio system in the Lexus LX 600, it features a Mark Levinson audio system with 25 speakers, and two different screens measuring 7 and 12.3 inches with not separate settings as follows:
- The larger screen focuses on the camera view and audio settings
- The smaller screen is used for climate control and vehicle information
- While the infotainment system comes with voice assistant, user profiles, cloud support and over-the-air updates, it also features a digital instrument screen.
Features of Lexus LX 600 (Sports Edition)
The highly anticipated Sport Edition has sporty, elegant upgrades and performance-enhancing modifications, including the following:
- Front grille surrounded by black chrome
- 22 inch exclusive aluminum rims
- Leather sports seats
- Leather steering wheel with console for improved control and stability.
- It has an adaptive variable suspension system with uniquely tuned dampers and power steering.
- It has an exclusive Torsen limited-slip differential for improved performance.
Features of Lexus LX 600 – VIP
The car is also available in a VIP version dedicated to lovers of absolute luxury, with unique interior upgrades that ensure extremely comfortable and luxurious trips for its passengers, which are as follows:
- It has two separate rear seats with curved headrests and back and cushions that gently wrap around the head, hips and lower body for ultimate comfort and support.
- The seats contain a soft urethane material to help curb unwanted movement with a massage function.
- The rear seats are separated by a spacious rear console with wireless charging, covered cup holders and a large storage box with DC power, USB ports and a headphone jack for the rear entertainment system.
- The rear console also contains a small screen that can be used to control the seats as well as the climate control.
- The car comes equipped with exclusive rooftop AC vents to improve heating and cooling.
- Comes with back curtains and reading lights.
- At the push of a button the front passenger seat can be pushed forward, the headrests lowered, the seat reclines to provide 1,092 mm of legroom, and the legs can be positioned on a footrest at the rear of the front seat.
Safety systems in the new Lexus LX 600
The vehicle comes equipped with the Lexus Safety System+ 2.5 driver assistance systems that feature the following:
- Forward Collision Warning System
- Automatic emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Dynamic radar cruise control
- Lane Tracking Assistant
- Lane departure alert with steering assist
- Intelligent high beam
- Emergency guidance assistant
- road sign assistant
- Available with 360-degree surround-view cameras, a new rear view of the floor allows the driver to see obstructions under the rear of the vehicle that were usually hidden from view.
New Lexus LX 600 engine
The 5.7-liter V8 has been replaced by a new 3.5-liter twin-turbo V6 that generates 409 hp and 649 Nm of torque, a significant increase of 26 hp and 103 Nm compared to the previous engine, thanks to the engine maintaining maximum torque at 3600 rpm, it improves off-road performance.
The engine is mated to a new 10-speed automatic transmission that features a lowered first gear for smooth starting and solid off-road performance at low speed, while the ninth and tenth additional gears keep the engine low at high speeds, enhancing quietness and fuel economy. And thanks to its weight reduction of 200 kg, thanks to the aluminum doors and the all-new platform, of course the fuel economy has improved, and it is also 20% more rigid compared to the previous model.
Highlights of the new Lexus LX 600 updates
The car has received comprehensive upgrades that enhance its dynamics and performance on and off-road, which are as follows:
- Double wishbone suspension with improved coil springs at the front, and a four-link rear suspension system improve stability and driving comfort.
- The design of the shock absorber has been changed to better follow the vertical movement of the wheels, increasing the comfort inside the cabin.
- It features an adaptive variable suspension.
- New electric power steering
- Electronically controlled brake system
- Automatic Active Ride Height Control with settings Low, Normal, High 1 and High 2, which automatically adjusts the ride height based on driving conditions or driver needs.
- The angles of approach, departure and break remain unchanged.
- It can climb 45-degree slopes, wading into the water with a depth of 700 mm
- It has an advanced multi-terrain system with Auto, Dirt, Sand, Mud, Deep Snow and Rock drive modes, and an all-new Auto mode.
- Features crawl control and hill assist systems.
- It has a Terrain Monitoring System that uses four front, side and rear cameras to show the vehicle’s surroundings.
2022 Lexus LX 600 Prices
The starting price of the car will be about 90,000 US dollars (337.5 Saudi riyals).