Today, Thursday, the General Directorate of Giza Traffic conducted a total closure of Al-Ahram Street and its intersection with Mariouteya Road to establish the Mariouteya metro station within the fourth line stations passing through Al-Haram Street, and in the following points we summarize the group of works:
Those works started today, Thursday, and will continue until the station is established
Closing the pyramid to construct the Mariotia metro station
Closure in the direction coming from the archaeological area towards Giza Square only
– Works to implement the works of the fourth line of the subway project, with traffic diversions for the movement of cars.
Traffic diversions to facilitate citizens, within the framework of handing over the locations of the fourth line stations of the Al-Ahram Street metro project to the National Authority for Tunnels to implement the project
– The executing company has handed over the work site of the Mariouteya metro station (as a first stage), specifically at the intersection of Al-Ahram Street with Mariouteya Road within the delivery of 6 metro stations on the fourth line on Al-Ahram Street, where the length of the station’s work site is approximately (370 m) and approximately (18 m) in width. .
A total closure of Al-Ahram Street and its intersection with Mariouteya Road in the direction coming from the archaeological area towards Giza Square only
The group of traffic diversions included two phases to reduce congestion
– First detour: the movement of vehicles coming from Al-Remaya Square and Al-Nasr Square and wishing to walk in the direction of Al-Ahram Street, you must go to the “obligatory” right in the direction of Al-Mansuriya Road leading to the Sphinx areas.
– Then turn around and return from the turning hole located on Mansourieh Road in front of Al-Tawheed and Al-Noor areas, and then return to Al-Mansuriyah Road again.
– Walk right in the direction of Anwar El-Sadat axis (formerly Tersa) and continue in the direction of Al-Ahram Street by turning and returning again to Tersa axis from the turning hole located after the newly built Tersa Bridge house, and return to Tersa Street, then turn right towards Nemat Allah Street, all the way to Al-Ahram Street.
The second detour included the movement of vehicles coming from the Al-Libini axis, and all sub-streets coming from the area between the intersection of Al-Ahram Street with Al-Mansourieh Road, until its intersection with Mariouteya Road, which is approximately (900 m) long, walking on Al-Ahram Street until the location of the total closure The location of the Mariouteya station at the intersection of Al-Ahram Street with the Mariouteya Road.
– Then turn right (obligatory) towards Mariouteya Road, then walk to Al-Orouba Bridge (roundabout above Mariouteya Canal), turn and return to Mariotia Road again and walk until its intersection with Tersa axis, then enter right towards Tersa axis and walk towards Al-Ahram Street via Nemat Allah Street.
– The General Directorate of Giza Traffic coordinated with the executing company to install the necessary directional and warning signs for the traffic diversion in the business vicinity to guide, educate and facilitate citizens.