The 12-year-old boy who was fatally injured in the fire incident in Petah Tikva, died tonight, Schneider Hospital for Pediatrics in Netanya announced this morning (Saturday). The boy was hospitalized in the intensive care unit, after suffering numerous burns all over his body.
The fire broke out in the apartment of the deceased’s family in Petah Tikva. At around 02:30 on the night between Thursday and Friday, a fire and rescue service was called for an apartment burning in the Yoseftal neighborhood. Already at this stage, an indication arose that inside the apartment in the burning room slept a 12-year-old boy, whose father and friend who had been in the apartment, had not been able to get him out before fleeing the apartment, along with two other small children.
Firefighters and rescue crews who simultaneously worked to put out the fire, located the boy and prevented the fire from spreading to the upper floors. They eventually managed to get to the boy’s room and extricated him, straight to MDA medics and paramedics, unconscious and suffering from burns all over his body.
Preliminary investigation revealed that at some point in the night, a fire broke out in the apartment whose circumstances are currently being investigated. The father and his friend who were in the apartment began rescuing the children, but at some point, the fire intensified which prevented them from entering the room where the fatally injured boy was sleeping. According to a preliminary assessment, it is suspected that an electric scooter battery caused the fire. However, an on-site flammability researcher is also exploring additional options.