Posted on: Saturday 4 September 2021 – 12:00 AM | Last update: Saturday 4 September 2021 – 12:03 AM
Hani Younis, media advisor to the Prime Minister, posted on his Facebook account, pictures of the Green River in the New Administrative Capital, asking through the famous popular proverb that refers to the paradox of combining two contradictory things: “Who roamed the sea at the New Administrative Capital?!” He added, “This is the Green River… Long live Egypt.”
The following is Al-Shorouk monitors the most important information about the Green River in the Administrative Capital:
– The Green River is basically a large garden of green areas, with an artificial lake inside it, not water from the Nile River.
– The source of the lake’s water is water treated in the stations.
The river water was triple treated to be used in the cultivation of existing gardens.
– The Green River is part of the Central Parks area, implemented by the Ministry of Housing.
– The garden area exceeds about 1000 acres.
The Green River is 35 km long.
The project starts from the middle ring road to the regional ring road.
Once completed, the Central Parks will become one of the largest in the world.
The area is divided into 3 homogeneous planning sectors, each of which reflects a distinctive visual and urban character.
– The area includes an Islamic garden, a covered garden, a social club, an integrated health product, lakes and restaurants, an artwork garden, a recreational play area, celebration yards, an open library and reading gardens, a recreational sports club, and an educational garden for children.