The Israel Police’s preparations for the football match between the Israeli and Austrian teams as part of the 2022 World Cup qualifiers to be held at Sami Ofer Stadium today, 4.9.21 starting at 18.30
Israeli police officers and hundreds of ushers and security guards will be deployed starting in the afternoon inside and outside the stadium in order to maintain order and security, along with regulating traffic.
The game will start at 21:45 and the stadium gates will open from 19.00 Expect a large crowd and therefore arrival must be brought forward due to the expected traffic loads, as well as the strict inspection at the entrances to the stadium.
The following are the traffic arrangements expected on the eve of the game:
- It is recommended to use public transport and its times can be updated through the websites.
- The access roads to the stadium will remain open with checkpoints from Highway 4, Rotenberg Junction, Neot Peres Junction.
- For those arriving by private car, you can park in the parking lots near the stadium – Hot parking lots, Intel, the congress center, transportation base and in the stadium parking lots (it is recommended to come to these parking lots in advance).
- For those wishing to continue traveling from Haifa in the direction of Road 4 to the south, do not reach the Neot Peres neighborhood, but use the Freud / Moshe Fliman / Matam junction.
- There will be increased enforcement regarding parking in places that are not in accordance with the law.
- Entrance to the residents of the neighborhood will be possible through Ezer Weizmann, Y. HaSportotim streets and Highway 4 south of the stadium.
- There is an obligation to wear a mask from the moment you enter the stadium until you leave, including the stands!
- Entry to the games will only be allowed for those with a green mark (except for children up to the age of 3) or for those who have a negative result in an immediate (rapid) corona test, which was performed during the 24 hours prior to the test (not a PCR test) next to the ID card.
- Note that the corona testing complex at Sami Ofer will be closed on the day of the game at 13.00
- Smoking is not allowed in the stadium and no plastic / glass bottles will be allowed in the stadium.
- Alcohol will not be allowed in the place and fans who are under the influence of alcohol will not be allowed in.
- No entry with weapons will be allowed.
- The introduction of deployment flags and encouragement equipment is conditional on prior coordination and police approval.
- Increased enforcement action will be taken against the use of pyrotechnic measures.