The “Night Confusion” units are preparing to continue operations in the coming days on the Gaza border, a source told the Palestinian news agency “Spa” today (Saturday). The source explained that the units are preparing to escalate operations, in light of what he calls “continued coercion of the siege on the Gaza Strip.”
Meanwhile, a source in the terrorist organizations in Gaza told the Palestinian newspaper Al-Ayyam that it had been agreed to return to inflating incendiary balloons in a gradual manner. According to him, the first phase was the last two weeks in which the “nocturnal confusion” activities returned, and at the beginning of this week a new phase will begin.
The source added that international mediators and officials had demanded an end to the activities since they began two weeks ago, and estimated that the Qatari envoy who arrived in the Gaza Strip would also make a similar request from Hamas during his visit, which will take several days.
As you may recall, yesterday Palestinian sources in a conversation with the Lebanese newspaper Al-Akhbar close to Hezbollah claimed that the terrorist organizations in Gaza had decided to escalate the “nocturnal confusion” riots in order to put pressure on Israel.
It was also reported that Hamas had informed Egypt that the riots would continue until the economic situation in the Gaza Strip improved and the demands were met.